Bathrooms – Project Three

Before:

This installation incorporates a bath, shower area and vanity units due to the generous size of the room. We were tasked to create a room that was easy to maintain and look modern and fresh. We began by removing the existing suite and tiles, when we did this we came across a problem with the floor. It was an upstairs bathroom with a concrete floor, the problem was the floor in the area where the shower waste due to be fitted was too weak. To solve this problem we reinforced the floor and moved the position of the waste to a more solid point of the floor.  With this issue behind us we were free to move on with the rest of the installation. It just goes to show that you never know what you will find, until you actually remove the existing suite and tiles.

Before

During:

Following the reinforcement of the floor we installed the PCV ceiling panels, low voltage spot lights and an extractor fan with a light built into it. We installed the ceiling panels before tiling so we do not need to use a moulding trim to finish the corners, the thickness of the tiles covers the expansion gap. Then the bath, shower, vanity units and radiator pipes were all first fixed in preparation for tiling.

During

After:

After the wall and floor tiling had been completed we followed on with the second fix. The vanity units where finished by installing the plinth, basin and handles. We then complete the shower area by fixing the shower and sealing all of the joints. The chrome ceiling trims where installed and the extractor finished by installed the external grill. The fished look of the room was sleek and modern with a very effective shower and a room that is easy to keep clean.

After